Sunday, November 3, 2013

Up, Up, and Away!

Last Monday, I got to cross off an "I didn't know it was on my bucket list" item...a hot air balloon ride! My school recently was selected as a U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School award winner and our principal and PTO decided to celebrate in grand style. At first, when I was asked if I would like to be one of the ten staff members to ride, I hesitated due to my stomach-churning fear of heights. In my opinion, the best place for my feet is firmly planted on the ground! But, I said yes, knowing that if I didn't, I would forever regret the lost opportunity. And I am so, so glad I did!
Time to fly!



Prepping for the launch

Bye, kids! See you later!
 
 

Fabulous views from every angle!


Our pilot was also a great tour guide. Not only did we get information about where we were, we also learned a lot about the history of hot air ballooning and the business of operating balloons today.


I-75 to Dayton
Our chase team
We landed near a daycare center...saw some very excited kids!
All good thing must come to an end
Bella Balloons...awesome pilots and crew!

 

Our flight ended with a celebratory toast in our souvenir champagne flute...filled with sparkling peach juice since we had to return to our classes!




No comments:

Post a Comment